‘If only it was possible to store confidence!’
One of my clients said this.
‘It’s a bit like fitness’, he said.’ You can’t store that either. If we could, we’d rarely need to exercise. Someone needs to invent a way!’
I used to feel the same way about sunshine. I hate winter however hard I try not to. Dark, grey days, gloomy rain streaked evenings, accompanied by dark, grey moods and thoughts.
Today the Spring sunshine is here, making me smile and believe in myself. If only it was possible to store sunshine…
My lovely son knows how I am in the winter and for Christmas he gave me a very unusual gift. It’s a Sunshine Jar. And, guess what? It stores sunshine! All I have to do is put it in the sunlight, indoors or out, and it magically stores it. At night I put it in a dark corner and it glows… and I smile. Now I can have sunlight in my life whenever I like.
The Unbelievable Confidence Secret No-one Tells You is -
You can store confidence. You can have confidence in your life whenever you want to. (Tweet that.)
Here’s how it works…
All you have to do is charge your confidence battery.
My Sunshine Jar will only work if the battery is charged by putting it in the sunlight.
Imagine your confidence jar – it’s size, colour, shape. Every time you ‘charge your confidence battery’, you’ll be storing more and more confidence.
But… (you knew there’d be one of those…) how do you do that?
- Associate with confident people. OK, even one confident person. Watch how they behave, and ‘act as if’. Choose one thing that they do that shows confidence and do that, just for half an hour. Or perhaps a whole hour. If their company lifts your spirits, see more of them. If they drain your battery, don’t.
- Go out side. Just for 10 minutes. Or 20. Or more if you can face it. OK, if it’s raining perhaps it won’t charge, I know the sunshine jar only charges in… sunshine. But it could be different for you. Find an emerging flower, feel the air on your face, be delighted to be in the world.
- Treat yourself to some ‘time for you’. Watch a bird, listen to the silence of your room, watch your cat/dog sleeping, read a book that’s hard to put down, whatever you normally don’t let yourself do because you ‘ought’ to be doing something else. Do it! You’ll feel rested and more confident to face your world as a result. Works for me!
- Just for today, when the phone rings, make sure you smile, whoever it is. Try it again tomorrow. It could become a habit. You’ll feel 6 inches taller, honestly.
Any one of the above suggestions will start your confidence store. The more you do any of them, the more likely you are to see the result. My Sunshine Jar only stores if I charge it up as often as I can and it’s the same with you. If you want instant results you’ll be disappointed.
Next time you’re out shopping, why not look for a suitable jar/box/journal/in which to keep your confidence? Imagine it working for you every time you’re ‘charging’ it.
How about you?
- What do you do to fill your confidence store?
- What is the one method you’ve discovered that will add to your confidence store?
Begin right here by joining the Confidence Café -
Guaranteed to charge your battery!