Many of you feel lost in life, full stop.
And it’s not how you choose to feel.
Do you hate having no direction, no motivation, being in a muddle and confused?
Feeling lost in life is lonely and isolating. Where has your Confidence gone? After all… everyone else is OK – lots of friends, a happy relationship, a job they enjoy…
That’s just how it seems to you. They’re good actors, clever imitators, excellent at hiding how they truly feel.
Let’s take a closer look…
Why do you feel lost?
- Do you feel you’ve lost your confidence?
- Do you feel overwhelmed with tasks?
- Do you feel you don’t have a role?
- Do you feel the odd one out, for some reason?
- Do you feel you’ve lost your motivation?
- Do you feel lost in your relationship?
Here’s what to do when you’re feeling lost in life.
Imagine you’re on a car journey. Gradually, you realise you’re lost.
What do you do?
- Ask someone for directions.
- Use your Sat Nav.
- Look for some helpful signposts.
- Don’t look in the wrong place.
- Take a small risk, choose a direction and see what happens.
It’s the same when you’re feeling lost in your life.
1. Ask someone for directions.
Is there someone you can trust, who you can to talk to, share your feelings with?
Someone who’s ‘been here’ before you?
Someone who knows how it feels?
Someone who will tell you the truth?
Someone who has your best interests at heart?
Describe how you feel, leave nothing out, then they will be more able to help you find your way and get your confidence back. All you need is reassurance that you won’t be lost for long, there is a path through this and you will find it.
2. Use your Sat Nav.
Unless you’re a new reader you’ll know I always recommend listening to your inner voice, your instincts. Take time alone to really tune in, to hear what your instincts are saying.
If you have a choice to make, and you feel confused, follow your instincts. Choose the way that feels most comfortable for you.
3. Look for some helpful signposts.
There are helpful signposts everywhere, if you look.
- Watch how others behave.
- Listen to what they say.
- Join a Forum to interact with others who feel like you do.
- Read blog articles that may help.
You’ll soon recognise that ‘feeling lost’ isn’t unusual.
We all lose our confidence at one time or another and there are paths to take to find your way. You simply have to look for them. It’s easy to miss them but they’re there.
Everyone feels lost at some point. The path through life cannot be easy all the time.
4. Don’t look in the wrong place.
You know what it’s like when you lose your keys? You dash around, searching and searching.
But until you look in the right place, your keys will stay lost!
Sometimes what you’re looking for is right under your nose. You don’t see it, because you don’t expect to find it there.
Pause in your search, take a few deep breaths, re-think your search and… guess what! The way becomes clear.
When you’re lost it’s easy to give up. Don’t do that, instead -
- engage with people,
- join a club/group/forum/blog/gym/class,
- stop worrying about yourself and get involved with others, in small ways,
- think outside your box.
Choose a new path and see where it takes you. After all, what’s the worst that can happen? You might find your way – the right way for you.
Are you feeling lost at the moment? You’ll find plenty of friends here…
I’d love to know your thoughts on this, and don’t forget to take a look at our FB Page.